Operations Coordinator for GreenToGo
Job Brief: We are looking for someone to coordinate operations for GreenToGo, the East Coast's first city-wide reusable takeout container service. The ideal candidate is organized, reliable, and outgoing, has a strong interest in making a positive environmental impact on the world, is an experienced bicyclist, and doesn't mind getting their hands dirty.
Hours: 20 hours per week. Must be available Monday evenings, Wednesday mornings, and Thursday evenings. Other hours flexible.
- Pick up dirty GreenToGo containers twice per week.
- Wash dirty GreenToGo containers twice per week, or more often as needed.
- Monitor participating restaurants' inventory of clean GreenToGo containers and replenish their stock, as needed.
- Maintain regular operational communications with participating restaurants.
- Maintain daily communications with the Executive Director of Don't Waste Durham (DWD) and Board of Directors.
- Understand and abide by health department standards, and adhere to GreenToGo operational protocols.
- Repair and maintain GreenToGo return stations, as needed.
- Train volunteer assistants in pickup and wash operations.
- Assist in the updating and improvement of GreenToGo operational protocols.
- Take ownership of customer issues and follow problems through to resolution.
- Keep accurate records and document customer service actions and discussions.
- Document your work for social media.
- Support the Executive Director of DWD, as needed.
- Experienced bicyclist
- Knowledge of bicycle safety
- Proficiency at basic bicycle maintenance - including fixing flats, minor chain problems, and gear issues - in case anything happens on route
- Use Don't Waste Durham-provided bicycle and trailer for pickup of dirty GreenToGo containers. Must also have access to a personal vehicle for restaurant locations outside of the recommended cycling radius, and for pickups during inclement weather
- Professionalism, demonstrated use of good judgement
- Organized and methodical
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Must possess and be able to use a Smartphone
- Experience using social media, especially Facebook and Instagram
- Proficient computer skills
- Friendly and outgoing
- Experience working in a commercial kitchen is preferred but not necessary
Compensation: $15.00 per hour, paid biweekly. Also provided: Workers' compensation, uniform, and GreenToGo membership.
How to Apply: Send cover letter and resume to Executive Director, Crystal Dreisbach, at email@example.com
Application Deadline: April 13th, 2018
For More Info: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org